click me!!

Monday 27 June 2011

Intellectual rights

I am not being self-righteous here but somehow I am surprised at the no. of responses to a nice gesture of a friend who offered to forward the mp3 file which he paid USD 6.42 inclusive of GST (assuming he bought both) to those who pm-ed him.

Nah, even though if I'd not purchased a copy when I saw the fb status update, I would still fork out the amount. I guess that amount might be equivalent to say an alright set lunch? ( which I think topping up may be required..)

Well, perhaps it's just me, I believe in making the worthwhile investment and not depriving the author of their dues:




Perhaps you may think I'm naive but if that's meant for public circulation, then why should it be on sale in the first place? The other school of thoughts would probably think I've too much money to spare and why bother to pay when there's a free source.

Then again, I'm not that silly to comment in that thread since I am not out to make enemies. Well, your heart  is where you lay your treasures right? :)

Oh well, I'm against piracy, but I like playing the lil pirates - that's the only instance that's it's ok to loot cuz it's a make believe-world .. Though it's rather irritating when your treasures were looted by other 'pirates'.

Bleh to the free-riders ..


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: