click me!!

Wednesday 16 March 2011

When procrastination pays!

A pat on the back for getting the essentials done. Considering that I'm a rather laid-back person, putting together these logistic stuff all by myself (almost) was a mighty feat! Finally settled the last logistic preparation bit!

Procrastination pay off! (Usually, it doesn't. Miraculously, in this instance, it does!)

Thanks the mantra of "doing it later"! [ But seriously, I don't recommend procrastination!]

When SQ released some super deals a few weeks ago, I tweaked my  initial plans and that translated into savings on the flight (A380!),  which went (almost) exactly to pay for the 3 nights luxury accommodation @ the English leg of the trip! That, I had chanced upon spring deals, thanks to procrastination (again), and for the price that would probably fetch me a single room @ a typical b&b (inclusive of the gasp! 20%VAT), the last three nights would be in the luxury superior king room, english breakfast inclusive! :) Though it may not be in the heart of the shopping district, but location is still great with the tube a few minutes away (and the brief scan via google satellite sealed the deal!) and there's a in-house gym so I could probably squeeze in some runs cuz the sundown is just a couple of months away and my 'engine' has not been properly warmed up yet (have yet finished another 42k since Dec..). Prior to this, I was considering to pay twice as much for what was seemingly good deal then that was near the Mews & Buckingham Palace. But now the 50% savings on accommodation could actually go towards say.. more loots to bring back home!

And not to mention some other little cheap thrills I got while procrastinated..
1. 15 % savings off domestic flight; &
2. 10pounds off London pass plus a free royal wedding souvenir mug. (Not that I'm that interested but that was added bonus, the 10 pounds off is the draw!)

Flights checked. Domestic flights checked. Swiss Rail & London pass checked. Accomodation checked. Left with the oyster card & the gatwick/heathrow express.

And thanks to the change in events, I will have company most of the days of my trip.. cuz my dearie pal is coming with me to London :) . Probably the last 24+ hours in London would be me time.. which I may slot in a west end musical.. :)

Summing up the total expenditure so far, I reckon I could have purchased a tour package covering more countries in the continent but obviously at a lower end budget accommodation and flight/ travel arrangement. Not to mention, restricted time!

Whoopie.. counting down.. :)

Another event to count down to until then.. Suntec in three days! :)

No comments: