click me!!

Saturday 5 March 2011

Flattered or flattened?

I guessed I should have NOT taken the luxury of flagging a cab to work yesterday but I was sort of rushing for time. For a very long time to come, I will definitely refrain from taking a Premier Cab..

It was quite an alright journey until uncle phang ( can't recall his full name or the car plate no. Else contemplated of lodging a compliant for his unprofessionalism) asked questions like whether I'm married.. And learning that I'm not, he plunged into his life story (totally uninterested !) and asked if accountants are mostly unmarried etc due to the lack of social free time. ( To save unnecessary explanation of my work scope, quoted accountant as profession, since most won't understand what my job entails . Tax seemed like Greek to most and unfortunately (or fortunately ) that's my bread & butter since graduation!)

Was praying for smooth traffic n speedy arrival to my destination( opted to stop at vivo was a wise choice, since that wasn't exactly where my office was.), that dude suddenly started singing praises of me (uhm whole conversation was in mandarin - darned! I should have spoken in English instead!) that me, being so pretty, appeared to be a kind, understanding, nice person, hence should be married by now.. Then he asked '你不介意,我们可以交个朋友吗?'

I gagged! Oh please! I'm certainly NOT impressed by a bummer who was unemployed for 12 months doing NOTHING until a relative spoke to him to drive? And I'm certainly VERY turned off by the cheesy 'if it's not fate, you won't be in my cab.. ' OMG! Not to mention the creepy statement 'If there's a jam, it's alight, cuz I got you for company!' Eeeeeks! Freak! I should have video it and send to stomp!


Obviously I've nicely rejected his audacious request and pretend to look busy with my phone. Weird uncle kept glancing at the rear mirror ..and weirdo was quite determined to find out what went wrong with his request (as to why I ignored him) cuz whilst i was abt to alight, he asked what type of guys I waslooking for, perhaps he could help me look out! Tempted to reply - everything that he wasn't! Needless to say, I declined to reply.. Paid the money after uncle said '有缘再见'. Freaky! This was more freaky then the chap from friendster who think he's my bf after a very casual msn chat!

For a moment, I wondered if I'm still 2 dress sizes bigger, this may not happen.

Oh well, usually man are drawn to pretty stuff right?

No comments: