click me!!

Wednesday 12 September 2012

The safra bay run.. 9 Sep 2012

Regrettably, I did not complete it sub-2. I could always lament that I was still nursing the watermelon-sound-alike tummy (thanks to the bout of stomach flu that strike me one week before the race).
Or that I nearly tripped over the kerb near 7km mark at tanjong rhu. Or my stomach cramp struck at 8-9km..Or that my calves was too tight at 17km that I slowed considerably to find the salon pas station..
Or I didn't get to sleep until 11pm (& woke up at 2-ish cuz my friend was picking me up at 320).
Or i went for PT on friday night.
Or i had not rested on Sat cuz Dad got into accident on Friday night that i spent whole of sat am at CGH A&E and rushed down to expo thereafter cuz i was on duty for service..
Or simply, I have never ran consistently at pace faster than 6min/km for > 12 km.. Throughout the training..
I guessed I was not that disciplined ( which my PT, E, will translate as KS and I am continuing growing my fats). Like what E would say - your greatest enemy is yourself.. Which is true to a certain extent ...
Still I am happy to go through the process and finish the course amid the chain of explanation listed above and shaved a couple of minutes off the previous
timing at the 2011 Singapore Bay Run..
Before the run..

My tee!

Trusty Adidas adios

After the race...

Friend I gotta know from the two team fatbird op I participated ;)

My timing!

Yippie! Mission accomplished!

Amazingly, the ranking in the open category will be better with the same timing but I guess most locals (SG & PR) signed up for the closed category.. Nonetheless it's still within the 100..
Well, without God, this won't be possible.. Cuz with all the cited reasons above, I might have give up half way due to sheer tiredness .. Well I guess there lies a similar spiritual parallel too. ;)

No comments: