click me!!

Thursday 26 January 2012

DIY manicure

Thanks to the hectic period and the growing toenail (thanks to post vainpot syndrome of wearing covered high heels), I didn't fix up mani/pedi appointment for the festive CNY..

Chanced upon this YouTube channel: cutepolish recently & found the videos easy to follow. ;)

Henceforth, decided up try out a simple design all in the name of CNY..




Silly me did this before CNY spring-cleaning and hence 年除夕。

So on 年初一, I tried another design using more festive colors ..





To think that I paid $4 a nail for this simple design (and the whites were just acrylic paint dotted on!)



Not a bad way to moonlight huh.. $40 - more than sufficient to cover the cost of material!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

verena.e said...

nice! how did you manage the white polka dots and the black bow?? the white is still nail polish and the black is a stick-on?

i'm hopeless with DIY manicures... and because of the travelling plus the previous couple times of gelish nails, my nails are like crap now.. :(

mione...iyi said...

ooo heehee i did it with a dOtting tool :) it's quite easy actually.. :) with the help of the youtube video.. search for the user 'cutepolish'!