click me!!

Thursday 1 September 2011

KOTR- Singapore leg..

Last sunday, ran the SG leg of the Adidas' King of the Road - (i.e. 20% of two full marathon should any of the runner did all 5 leg of the race across South east Asia. This explains why 16.8km per leg!) Didn't really purposefully trained for the run but went just for fun and enjoyed the group discount too, thanks to 'runnercare'!

Disliked the bottle-necked start which really made me zipped left & right to get pass the 'road blocks' for the first 1-2 km!

Doesn't help that I was in the 2nd wave since the faster runners will be ahead in wave 1!

And another booper was me wearing a pair of socks too small and a brand new pair of shoes that was not worn before- no time to go for a short run before that.. That resulted in sauna feet, which made me uttered silently 'ouch!' from the 5k mark! Which resulted in walking too cool the heated feet at the water points.. Even contemplated of going to the medic for help!

But had not dropped out of a race before and this will not be a precedent .. So mind over body.. And thank God for giving me the high endurance / tolerance threshold for pain!



Nonetheless finished the run in a timing that's not too far off from training time: 1:42:17.23... [miserable rank of 227... ;( ] shall attempt to achieve better results come Sunday.. ;) motivation to finish faster - have to reach jw fully made-up by 11.. ;) yay! Think won't be a problem since flag off is 515.. Aim to be done latest by 730 since that was my last timing for the marina 21.. Haha ample time to shower and maybe a quick bite too!

Pictures to document the memories last Sunday..


Getting ready for the race..



Jac & I waiting for Ziv @ the 'glorious dead'



Hungry Ziv with the banana & me..


My new Asics.. ;)



The medal! ;)

Headed to Food for Thought @ queens street after the run.. Lovely deco, yummy food!!





The jars chandelier .. Pretty..


My breakfast - basic works plus hash! Nom nom.. ;)

After the lovely brekkie & fellowship.. Headed to gym for shower & a quick steam bath prior to lunch with dear pal v!

Couldn't go on further without flipflop (which I'd packed & forgotten to bring along!) popped by havaianas to get my cutesy flip flop!




I <3 flip flops! Oh well, tees with shorts & flip flops are what a typical Singaporean don rite? ;)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: